Joining CUPE Local 3550 is the best thing you can do to improve your work-life and that of your co-workers. Start by getting in touch with Local 3550 today! firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out a Membership Application Card and send it to our office along with the one time initiation fee of $2.00, as required by law. Upon receipt of your membership application and initiation fee you will become a card-carrying member of CUPE Local 3550. As a card-carrying member you are entitled to the following:
- the opportunity to be fully informed about your union/local and what it does.
- invitations to monthly and/or special membership meetings where decisions, which directly affect Support Staff, are made.
- voting rights on the decisions of your local.
- receive the News & Views, your local’s award winning newsletter, which contains important information about what is happening in CUPE Local 3550.
- the ability to run for elected positions.
- become a delegate of your union and attend conferences, workshops, and education opportunities.
- attend CUPE Local 3550 special events such as the Kid’s Christmas Party.
In order to receive your new membership card you must be sworn in. This process may take place at the first membership meeting you attend OR you may come to the union office to be sworn in and receive your membership card. Please call ahead to ensure someone is available at the office.