The purpose of Union Education and Development activities is to educate members to become Union Activists in a way that is mutually beneficial to the individual member and to all Local 3550 members. The Locals’ Education Committee will review all applications submitted in order to determine the total number of members sponsored and establish the funding for each event.
When educational opportunities become available they will be posted here and we ask that each member wishing to attend please fill out the Education Funding Request Form with all of the required information, and either FAX to the CUPE 3550 office at (780) 452-1462, or mail the form to the CUPE 3550 office.
Upcoming Educational Opportunities
Edmonton District Labour council: Annual Labour School February 22, 23 & 24, 2019 Concordia University College 7128 Ada Boulevard
Courses offered: Basic Shop Steward, Introduction to Election Volunteering, WCB, Collective Bargaining, Advanced Shop Steward, Conflict Resolution
CUPE National Courses
- CUPE Alberta Regional Office – #300 10235 – 124 Street
- Financial Essentials/Financial Officers; January 11, 12 & 13
- SLS – Notetaking/What Stewards Need to Know About Arbitration/Literacy Awareness; February 1 & 2
- Introduction to Stewarding; February 8 & 9
- Introduction to Health & Safety; February 22 & 23
- How Bargaining Works/What Stewards Need to Know About Bargaining; March 2
- Parliamentary Procedure; March 8 & 9
- United Way Labour Community Advocate: Level 1: January 23 – March 21, 2019; 8 evenings (usually Wednesdays 6:30 – 9:30 PM); 2 Saturdays 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM; $200.00
- Edmonton & District Labour Council Annual Labour School: February 22-24, 2019
- CUPE Weeklong School Red Deer: May 26-31, 2019