The purpose of Union Education and Development activities is to educate members to become Union Activists in a way that is mutually beneficial to the individual member and to all Local 3550 members. The Locals’ Education Committee will review all applications submitted in order to determine the total number of members sponsored and establish the funding for each event.
When educational opportunities become available they will be posted here and we ask that each member wishing to attend please fill out the Education Funding Request Form with all of the required information, and either FAX to the CUPE 3550 office at (780) 452-1462, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the form to the CUPE 3550 office.
CUPE National Courses
- CUPE Alberta Regional Office – #300 10235 – 124 Street
- January 17 & 18, 2020: Introduction to Stewarding
- February 7,8 & 9, 2020: Financial Essentials/Financial Officers
- February 21 & 22, 2020: Pensions – An Introduction
- February 29 & 29, 2020: Health and Safety – An Introduction
- March 6 & 7, 2020: Harassment and Bullying at Work
- March 14, 2020: Social Media
- March 27 & 28, 2020: Transforming Conflict
- April 3, 4 & 5, 2020: Financial Essentials/Financial Officers
- May 1 & 2, 2020: Introduction to Stewarding
CUPE Alberta Convention – March 17 – 20, 2020 Fort McMurray, Alberta
Canadian Labour Congress Convention – May 4 – 8, 2020 Vancouver, B.C.
CUPE Annual Weeklong School – May 24 – 29, 2020 Red Deer College
Application is now open to all CUPE Local 3550 members in good standing and have attended at least 50% of the previous membership meetings within the last year.
- Bargaining Solidarity – this is not a ‘learn how to bargain’ workshop, it is for members who want to learn how to use collective bargaining to build union power.
- Introduction to Human Rights – this course provides members with the opportunity to develop the skills and perspective we need to build a stronger, more inclusive union.
- Navigating Interpersonal Group Conflict
- Public Speaking and Parliamentary Procedures – this workshop with help you gain the confidence you need to speak up at a meeting or public event. Parliamentary Procedure workshop is about following rules of order when chairing union meetings (learn about motions, amendments, points of order, etc.)
- Steward Learning Series (SLS) – in order to register for the SLS workshop, members must have completed the Introduction to Stewarding workshop.
Registration (covered by CUPE Local 3550) covers each participant’s accommodations with breakfast, lunch and supper provided Monday through Thursday (steak/chicken/fish BBQ on Thursday evening) and breakfast and lunch on Friday
- Interested? Fill out the education form and send it to email@example.com